archiQ 2019 Drives the Advancement of Malaysian Architecture Practice
The archiQ international conference focuses on equipping practising Architects in Malaysia with business savvy skills to continuously keep abreast of technology and business advancements in the marketplace.
“The architectural profession is no longer a simple practice of the art and science of building. Today, there are many complimentary, and at times opposing facets, interlinked with the practice of architecture, and archiQ 2019 is a golden opportunity for all practitioners – whether fresh or veterans – to learn from the vast experiences of the speakers that have been lined up in this event,” commented Ar Jasmeet Sidhu, Director of archiQ 2019 & Founding President of ACA:M.
The two-day conference that was held on 15 June 2019 to 16 June 2019 at Consist College, Ampang Hulu Kelang, featured ten speakers from diverse backgrounds and is designed to impart knowledge on running an architectural practice in today’s competitive environment. With five speakers featured each day, the audience has an interesting insight into various areas related to an Architect’s daily practice. Topics include:
1. Ahmed Subactogin, CEO/MD, Par Synergy (M) Sdn Bhd presenting Specialist Food Facilities Design.
2. Dato’ Zubair Afandi bin Omar, Artist presenting Art: The Next Financial Equity.
3. Feisal Noor, VP, AECOM South-East Asia presenting Challenges of the River of Life.
4. M. Puravalen, Partner, Valen, Oh & Partners, Solicitors presenting Strict Liability: How it Affects Architects.
5. Aminah Binti Abd Rahman, General Manager, Construction Research Institute Malaysia presenting Timely Construction Permits.
1. Dato’ Nitin Nadkarni, Partner, Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill, Solicitors presenting Staying Safe in a Litigious Society.
2. Christopher Chang, Director of IFS Advisory Services Sdn Bhd presenting Taxation Principles for Architects.
3. Ir Nirinder Singh Johl, Managing Director, TNBX Sdn Bhd presenting Solar: Is it a Viable Option in Malaysia.
4. Girish Ramachandran, Executive Director of 27 Advisory Sdn Bhd presenting Investible Masterplans
5. Adj Prof Anthony Wong, Board Member, Malaysia Green Building Council presenting Replacing Waste Water Treatment Plants with Structured Wetlands.
archiQ 2019 successfully provide a diverse yet deep understanding of numerous related topics and encouraged meaningful peer learning, thus paving way for architects to apply the knowledge gained here to their real-world practice environments.
“While a design remains an architect’s core competency, business skills and acumen are equally needed to succeed in today’s competitive world. With archiQ covering diverse topics each year, we are passionate at what we do and are positive that participants will gain more from the conferences in the coming years,” said Ar Jasmeet Sidhu.
ACA:M believes that in order for the profession to command respect, Architects must be both thoroughly knowledgeable and business savvy to undertake different roles while discharging their responsibilities professionally and diligently towards their clients and the public at large.