Everyone has a dream of having their own home. It is more fortunate if one has land to one day build a house on and now, there is plenty of it available to residence of Kuching and Kampung Sadong Jaya.
The Sarawak Land and Survey Department is currently opening applications for residential land lots in two areas, namely the Rampangi Resettlement Scheme, Kuching and the Kampung Sadong Jaya Expansion Scheme, Samarahan.
The schemes allow low-income residents to own land to build homes as well as to reduce the population density in the existing village area.
Not only that, the new policy introduced by the Chief Minister of Sarawak, Datuk Patinggi (Dr.) Abang Abdul Rahman Zohari bin Tun Datuk Abang Haji Openg on 6 May 2018 provides for the construction of better infrastructure such as tarred roads, concrete drainage, lot walling, water and electricity supply to alleviate the burden of low-income people who are eligible for the scheme.
There are 2 resettlement scheme applications that are open, namely;
1. Rampangi Resettlement Scheme, Kuching (RT/1D/1/2021)
The offer is open to Malaysian citizens residing in Sarawak, ESPECIALLY RESIDENTS OF KUCHING DISTRICT ONLY. To apply for a residential lot in the RAMPANGI RESETTLEMENT SCHEME, it is subject to the following conditions:-
- The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen residing, especially in the KUCHING DISTRICT of Sarawak.
- Applicants must be Sarawak Bumiputera status.
- Aged 18 to 55 years, married and have a family.
- The applicant has no residential property.
Application opening date: 15 MARCH 2021
Closing date for applications: 15 APRIL 2021
2. Expansion of Kampung Sadong Jaya, Samarahan (KG/8D/3/2021)
The offer is open to Malaysian citizens residing in Sarawak, ESPECIALLY RESIDENTS OF KAMPUNG SADONG JAYA ONLY. To apply for a residential lot in PEMBESARAN KAMPUNG SADONG JAYA is subject to the following conditions:-
- The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen residing, especially in KAMPUNG SADONG JAYA, Sadong Jaya District Sarawak.
- The applicant is an additional family from KAMPUNG SADONG JAYA
- Aged 18 to 55 years
- The applicant has no residential property
- Preference to those who are married and have families
Application opening date: 13 MARCH 2021
Closing date for applications: 13 APRIL 2021
You can make an application at the Land and Survey Department, Sarawak Resettlement and Village Expansion Scheme Application link: https://jts.sarawak.gov.my/ares/
If you have any doubts, you can contact the Kuching Division Land and Survey Department at 082-424131 or the Samarahan Division at 082-671213.