You Can Now Own a Home Even if You Make Only RM1000 a Month!
Be the first to review
Great news for workers who earn only RM1000 - you can now buy a home and no salary slip is even needed! Under the 2021 Housing Credit Guarantee Scheme or SJKP, homeownership is attainable for lower-income people.
General workers such as fishermen, farmers, factory operators, small traders and taxi drivers are also eligible since no salary slip is needed to benefit from SJKP and own a first home worth RM300,000.
What's more, is Bank Muamalat has launched the Smart Mortgage-SJKP scheme with an allocation of RM70 million to 300 customers who will enjoy financing of 100% of the purchase price.
JKP or Syarikat Jaminan Kredit Perumahan Berhad (SJKP Berhad) is a company wholly owned by the Minister of Finance, incorporated on 6 December 2007.
The purpose of its establishment is to overcome the difficulties experienced by those who do not have a fixed income such as farmers and small traders in obtaining financial facilities to buy their own homes.
For information, this scheme is open to all Malaysian citizens aged 18 years and above.
The SJKP housing financing period is the same as the bank, which is 35 years or the borrower's age is 65 years, whichever is earlier.
The application/registration process for the SJKP housing scheme is as follows:
- Identify the house you want to buy and obtain relevant documents such as a draft sale and purchase agreement/booking payment receipt.
- Obtain a letter confirming income from an authorized individual (Category A Government Officer, Chairman of the Village Development and Security Committee (JKK), Penghulu or selected representative). The letter must state the name, identity card number, source of income, average monthly income, place of business and period of the business. Please obtain two separate letters if both husband and wife have separate sources of income. For salaried employees, please bring a salary statement and EPF statement.
- Provide supporting documents of income sources such as savings account statements, business licenses, fishermen's registration cards or land grant houses (for agricultural activities) or other supporting documents for sale and purchase activities.
- Please bring all the specified documents and apply for housing financing at any branch of the nearest financial institutions participating in this guarantee scheme.
Among the financial institutions involved are:
- Affin Bank
- Affin Islamic
- Agro Bank
- Alliance Bank
- Alliance Islamic Bank
- AmBank Group
- AmIslamic Bank
- Islamic Bank
- Bank Rakyat
- Hong Leong Bank
- Hong Leong Islamic Bank
- Maybank Islamic
- Bank Muamalat
ATTENTION: All applications must be made at any branch of the financial institutions participating in this scheme and not directly to the SJKP Behad office.
Are you eligible?
To qualify, these are the requirements:
- Is a Malaysian citizen aged 18 years and above
- Non -fixed income such as small traders, farmers, taxi drivers, fishermen etc. or fixed income (subject to the first RM200.0 million only). Co -loans are allowed.
- First time purchase of low / medium / affordable cost housing and to live in.
- Purchase of a new / under construction or existing residential house or auction.
- Minimum average gross income of RM1,000 per month.
- Must be resident within 20KM from the branch of the financial institution where the application is made.
- Monthly payment of all loans <65% of gross income.
- CCRIS arrears record <2 months for the last 12 months.
- There are no other negative records for the last 24 months.