Brilliant Tips to Market a Property Fast
When it comes to selling your property, the best tip is to redecorate the entrance of your home. It is proven that buyers decide in the first few seconds upon seeing a property whether it is worthy or not to purchase.
There are many other tricks to captivate potential buyers and here are 25 ones you’ll find useful.
1. If you’re still living in the property you want to sell, try to live with only the minimum and most essential items. If you do not have a place to store your things, rent storage space. The property must look orderly at all times.
2. It is true that leaving some furniture behind will make it easier for the buyer to get an idea of the dimensions of the property, but having too many pieces will have the opposite effect, that is, visitors will see the property as being much smaller than it is.
3. Beware of old beds, tables, and cabinets as these usually make rooms look much darker and smaller than it actually is.
4. The storage room, if any, must also be cleared so the area looks spacious.
5. Add a decorative touch with neutral colours, plants or candles (never left lit if you are not in the room). If you do not know where to start, there are professionals who do “home staging” or house makeup in order to sell a home faster.
6. Assess the possibility of repainting the property as doing so will also help eliminate unwanted odours.
7. Thoroughly clean all corners of the home so that whoever comes to view the property feels at ease at all times.
8. For the same reason, check all bulbs to ensure there is good lighting in all rooms of the house.
9. Put a small table with refreshments in an especially cozy area of the property so that visitors can sit and reflect after the visit. Try to make them feel as much at home as you can.
10. Once everything is in order, take pictures of the property particularly when there is more light streaming in. Take several shots and choose only the best ones with the help of trusted people.
11. If the property needs repairs, it is a good idea to ask for an estimate cost to repair everything so you are able to tell the buyer about it.
12. Be realistic with the price, compare it with other properties in your area (those that you know have been sold, not those that have been in the market for more than a year) and leave some margin to be able to make a small reduction.
If in the first weeks you do not get more than 20 people interested in seeing the property, review the price.
13. If you are going to announce the sale of the property in different channels, check that the price is the same in all, otherwise, you can end up generating distrust among potential buyers.