Seal the Deal Series: 20 ideas to be successful for real estate agents
If you're having trouble breaking out the daily funk, here are 20 inspiring ideas that will help you reframe the way you think about real estate and success.
Take some time to ponder because these are the things we tend to overlook:
1) Starting a real estate business will not automatically improve the quality of your life.
And if you think it will, you will jump out of this property business very soon. The journey will be very hard in the beginning and you need to take the right steps to get in the first deal.
2) Being a beginner is one of the most powerful positions you can find yourself in.
The formula of ' Ignorance + Willingness to Change and Adapt' almost always lead to positive growth.
3) If your work is incredible, you won't need to beg people.
People underestimate how easy it can be to stand out from the rest. With a simple smile, question, extra mile or follow-up, you can be that one agent they have been looking for. Make yourself incredible and the business will come in.
4) Popularity is not a business strategy. It's a tactic at best, but it can fade quickly.
Yes, it can fade fast, so you have to make sure you are authentic. People these days can smell it a mile away when you prove yourself to be something that you're not.
5) Just because you're scared, doesn't mean you can't be brave. All warriors feel fear.
It's all about taking the first step. After that, the rest will follow. It will be a constant path of trying new things and accepting that some things don't work. Be the frontier of your area and prove your customers that you are willing to take the risk.
6) Jealousy is when you overestimate others and underestimate yourself.
Don't look too much into the competition. You don't know what they know, as they don't know what you know...If you know what I mean. So, focus on your own plan and stick to it.
7) You can binge an entire series on Netflix this weekend and still be successful. Just so you know.
Time, time, time. It's not about how much time you spend on it, but how you manage your time. Some people take a whole day to call 5 clients while others only need 5 minutes. At the end of the day, the result will be the same.
8) If you want better answers, ask better questions.
Begin by challenging the beliefs you already hold. Where can you prove yourself wrong? In relation, improvement means you need to change, and change always starts will yourself. Accepting that you can change is the number one step. From here onwards, take it one step at a time. Change one thing every day and you will be a different person in 20 days.
9) Successful people still get scared. We still procrastinate and mess things up. You don't have to be perfect to live an incredible life.
Don't wait until the perfect moment comes. There is no such thing. Start today and keep moving, even if you make mistakes. Make yourself the most productive real estate agent.
10) "Letting go" is not the same thing as "giving up." One comes from a place of strength. The other, from a place of fear. Choose wisely.
Don't confuse these two, otherwise you will be giving up on the wrong things. The most successful real estate agents are the ones that are most persistent.
11) Many people want the money and freedom that comes with entrepreneurship, but not the struggle, confusion or outright desperation at times. You've got to earn it.
There is no success overnight. You have to be willing to take the journey, but most importantly, to enjoy the journey. It comes with failures, mistakes, and disappointment. However, your passion is bigger than the struggles you face, and you will overcome them with a smile.
12) Real estate is not being a property expert. It's about being a relationship expert.
Your clients hire you for your relationships, not because they need another contractor for their home. They want you to bring a buyer or find the perfect home. Whoever has the strongest relationships wins.
13) The school system has conditioned us to think that there are very narrow limits for what's possible. Once you realize there are no limits, the real estate game begins.
My most favorite quote from Steve Jobs, "Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use''.
14) In a world of constant distraction, the ability to focus on one thing at a time is a superpower.
Real estate agents with 20 quality listings will sell way more than the real estate agents with 200 open listings. Focus on the quality of your service and keep doing it every day. Don't lose focus on your day-to-day checklist and don't get distracted.
15) Patience will always achieve more than force over time.
This is a marathon and you must be willing to run until the end. Sometimes you even have to start all over again, but if you're patient enough to make the right decision, you will definitely make it.
16) Protect your energy and your time. That's where everything else flows from.
If you get sick, tired or frustrated, your business is going to suffer. You need to be strong, you need to be healthy, and you need to be clear in what you do. Make sure you live a healthy life because it will eat a lot of your energy. The real estate business is all about using the body and mind.
17) If it's not adding, it's subtracting.
Don't focus on the wrong clients. There will always be a new deal around the corner. Don't keep playing with the same clients that don't understand the value you're providing. It has to add to your life and business. If it is not, then just say goodbye.
18) When it's easy, don't take it for granted. When it's hard, don't take it personally.
You will have easy deals and hard deals. You will have easy clients and hard clients. You will have the easy days and the hard days. Be grateful, be awake, be focused and be determined.
19) Your fear of looking stupid is a waste of time.
Be stupid, so you can learn. Be smart, so you can teach. Be both, so you can balance the perfect life.
20) Here's a daily affirmation for you, "I'm grateful to the universe for giving me the opportunity to provide for myself and my family through my real estate business".
That's literally all I have for you today. Take care and please share this with your fellow colleagues, friends, families, and everybody else ;)
Looking forward to reading your replies if you liked this.
Series 1: 3 Things You Should Do to Jump Start Your Real Estate Career
Series 2: 6 Reasons Why You're Not Closing Sales as A Real Estate Agent
Series 3: How to Double Your Real Estate Leads in 30 Days With This Simple Strategy
Series 4: Top 4 Ways A Real Estate Coach Can Help You
Coach Taco Heidinga and Coach Alexander See are both founders of Propcoach , a coaching , consulting and training company for the real estate professionals of Malaysia.
Their mission is to create real estate business leaders who empower each other to impact and build the communities around them. With their vision of transforming lives through education, their goal is to empower those in real estate. Firstly, to be free and able to run purposeful and successful business. Ultimately, to lead by example and bring positive change to society.
This far, they are grateful to have been given opportunities to speak at various events and conferences, such as the iProperty Learning & Network Session, Affordable Housing Conference 2018, EPIC Homes & the KL Career Fair. In addition, they have also been invited to speak at educational fairs organized by colleges, such as Portman College in Seri Kembangan.
With their dedication and passion in sharing the fundamentals of business growth, sales, leadership, and personal development, many real estate professionals has been inspired to strive for their dreams and realise their greatest potential.
SIGN UP NEWSLETTER